Struse Family Blog





Welcome to our family blog! Follow along with us as we build our new family home! We have waited a REALLY long time, so we want to share the experience with all those we love who are far away! Hope you enjoy it and maybe learn a thing or two. . . .


Monday, July 26, 2010

Roof tiles

Well, we started on the roof tiles this weekend! I am not entirely crazy about the color!! I want to make sure everyone who comes to see my house knows that this is NOT the color I picked!! They were supposed to be white and almond. We picked them because they had the highest reflection index so it would help keep the house cool. But when they arrived, they had a kind of salmon/peachy spray on them. We considered sending them back, but they already took 3 weeks to get here instead of the promised one week. I really don't want a 3 week delay--I'm on a tight schedule you know!!. So I guess I can live with them. They actually don't look too bad now that they're on the roof. I'm hoping to pick out a nice paint color that will keep attention off the roof!

We got the entire garage side done. Thanks to our many helpers: my brother-in-law Bill and his children Maranatha, Hope, Hannah, and Zane; my nephew Zack; the Buppert family; and Steve and Jake Max! We really appreciate all of you!! We still have a ways to go, but every day we get a little closer! More on the roof this weekend. . . . . .



The tiles all stacked on the roof. That was a job in itself!


The first side we finished! Yay!


Many hands make light work!!


The front side of the garage.


The view from above!

No comments:

Post a Comment